For the heck of it

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Almost settled down

Well, it's been about two months now, that I have been in Dubai. I landed here on the 26th of February 2005. The feeling was great - as if i have achieved something really great - especially after some people in one of my previous companies thought that I was a "good for nothing" guy. This was because I wasn't giving into their pressures about including their clients into my writings, just because they advertised in the magazine. Well, being a journalist doesn't mean that you always give up your rights on writing.

Well, I understand that advertising is the main source of revenue for any media company - but that doesn't mean for example, that you squeeze in a camera cellphone information into an article on digital cameras, just because the camera phone company has booked a full-page advt. in the mag! That's utter rubbish. The argument continued to an extent where it became a situation that I had to give up - leave the job and look for a better one.

After months of working around in different companies, I finally landed at ITP Media working for Windows Middle East magazine and the experience has been pleasant as yet.



There goes a saying "Kuch paane ke liye, kuch khona padta hai" - I think it has been true for me. I am hoping to stay around for more time, till finally may be I think of moving ahead and everyone does...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home