For the heck of it

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Yay! My newest gadget!

Finally, got my hands on MSI's MegaView 566 Portable Media Player. It's one the cutest things I have ever seen. Along with an XXL-sized attitude, the player packs in functionalities of a photo viewer, MP3 player, video player, video recorder, FM radio, FM recorder, voice recorder, built-in SD/MMC card reader...whew!!!



Here's a run-down of its long list of specs:

Host PC Supported OS: Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, MAC OS9
Video Format: MPEG4, DivX 3.11/4.X/5.X, Motion JPEG, WMV9
Audio Format: MP3, WMA V9, WAV
Still Image Format: JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF
HDD: 1.8" 20GB
Panel Size: 3.5'' TFT with LED backlight
FM Radio
Stereo FM radio tuner
Audio: Speaker and MIC phone
Video Decoder: NTSC/PAL system supported
USB: USB2.0
Dimension: 119 x 76 x 25 mm
Weight: 245gm
IO: Earphone Jack, AV-in, AV-out, mini-USB, SD/MMC, DC in, Neck-Strap connector, CIR, Built-in Speaker & MIC
Battery: Lithium-ion rechargeable/removable battery(2200mAhr, 3.7V, 1Cell)
Battery Life:
Video Playback up to 3.5 hrs
Audio Playback up to 8 hrs

Am right now on a DivX-collection spree! Converting all my VCDs and DVDs into DivX files to watch them on my 566. Also, I dont have to worry about the battery backup since MSI provides a free extra recharegable lithium-ion battery with the 566 - so it makes two batteries in the pack!

I also intend to read this post to get the most out of my 566...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home